Day 12 – A photograph of the town you grew up in. What did you love/hate about it?
I don't really have any pictures of the town I grew up in other than pictures I have taken of storms. I have blogged about my hometown here. There are so many things I love about it. I would have to say (insert deep breath here for fear of being run out of said town) that I dislike the OBSESSION with sports here. I admit, our hometown is great at most sports, but sometimes I feel like other things might be overshadowed by sports. For example, our high school speech team took a whole slew of kids to state this week but alas, no gigantic celebration or pep rally for them. The band (ok, I am biased on this one) is amazing. They win competitions and consistently get superior ratings at performances, but again, no pep rallies or celebrations. The FCCLA (formally FHA) and FFA do so many amazing things but don't get the recognition I feel they deserve. The Student Council, Quiz Bowl and so many other groups do so much yet they kind of live in the shadows. OK, now I better go start packing my house up to move because I am sure this one paragraph hit a sour note. Oops. Oh well.
Day 13 – Where are you spiritually? In a valley or on a mountain?
Hmmm... I am probably working on climbing up the mountain from the valley. :) I take that back. God is carrying me up the mountain. I am too lazy to climb it.
Day 14 – If you had unlimited resources, what would your life look like? (Have fun with this one!)
Honestly, pretty much the same as it is right now. I am so happy and content with where my family is right now. The boys have everything they need. I suppose maybe a bigger state of the art kitchen would be nice. I also would love to have hubby home more, so I guess he could (gasp) quit the National Guard. Yep, I said it again. Kind of a theme in my life. :(
Day 15 – Something you don’t leave the house without. Why?
I rarely leave the house with these two little guys. Why? Well, I'm a mommy. I guess that's what I have to do.
I have also learned to never leave the house without a change of clothes for said little guys. You can read about that life lesson here. I also never leave the house without my phone. Although I rarely talk on the phone in the car and NEVER text in the car, I still like having it with me. I also rarely leave the house without sunglasses, even when it is cloudy. I have has surgery on both of my eyes, (the worst experience of my life) which has left them both very sensitive to the sun, so this is a must unless I want to drive with my eyes closed, which does not work well at all and is probably just as dangerous as texting and driving.
Friday, March 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment