Day 7 – Tell us about your wedding or dream wedding.
My wedding was a dream, well, not the perfect dream! :) It seemed as though a lot of things went wrong that day, but we were able to laugh about them. First of all, we woke up to rain, rain and more rain. I hydroplaned on the way to town to get my hair done, luckily, I was able to keep the car on the road with no casualties. We got to the salon and guess what? They forgot to book the wedding. Geez. Somehow, everyone got their hair done. My little sister tends to not be able to show her disgust with people. She spent the morning giving the hair dressers that did show up the stink eye.
After finally getting our hair done. We went to Target to get hair bonnets because of the weather. We got yelled at for having a camera in the store.
My sassy southern belle friend Bridget was not impressed with getting lectured by a 16 year old.
I had this grand vision of my wedding cake looking like three drums stacked on top of each other. I had seen a picture similar to this one on the Internet.
![]() |
| http://www.wedding-and-fashion.info/tag/wedding+cakes |
The lady who made my cake apparently did not know how to get the wood grain effect or make silver icing. Instead, she wrapped my cake in tin foil and called it good. My scanner is broken, otherwise I would upload a photo. It was the ugliest cake ever. It looked like a spaceship. Hubby tried to not allow me to see the cake because he thought I would freak out. He told me the cake hadn't arrived yet while we were taking pictures. Soon after, my nephew came into the church with frosting all over his hands and said, "Aunt Kelli, that cake is really yummy!" Yep, he dug right in. I went to survey the damage and everyone held their breath because they were worried about my reaction to the ugly cake. I laughed hysterically. It was hideous.
Also, did I mention that my flowers were lillys and the florist forgot to clip the little stem things off and my dress turned yellow? Still, I laughed.
About three minutes before the ceremony, our best man and one of our groomsmen were MIA. They were at my house fixing a picture slide show that we were going to play at the reception that wasn't working. They made it just in time! :)
The ceremony went very well. Hubby wrote a message to me on his hand that made me laugh out loud. I may have snorted, who knows.
| Did I mention my brother in law is a very strange man? |
| My poor little orphan flower girl. |
The dance was great. We had a blast! ....until about an hour before the end when a thunderstorm rolled through and we lost electricity. Everyone was scrambling in the dark. Oh well, I guess it was time for the party to end.
Oh yes, I can't forget about the neighbors. When hubby and I got home for our first night as husband and wife, we got out of the car (in our wedding clothes) and went into the house. About 45 minutes later, our drunk neighbor was banging on our back door and wanted to know if we wanted to "hang" with him. Seriously? Neither of us drink, so probably not you crazy person.
Then, the next day, my camera with all of the pictures (with the exception of the photographer's) went missing. We looked EVERYWHERE. My veil was also missing. Weird. Well, when we were getting out of the car, I apparently dropped it in a mud puddle. The camera and veil were ruined, but I was able to save the memory card.
All in all, the day was kind of a disaster, but the whole point is, we were married and we still are, so who cares, right?
Actually this week, we will celebrate our anniversary!




0 comments:
Post a Comment