This morning I was sitting in the recliner while Monkey used my face as his own personal punching bag and scratching surface and Goober used my legs like they were a horse. I had blueberry/pear baby puree in my hair (Monkey loves to blow raspberries when he eats) and I am more than certain there was snot on my clothes somewhere. Anyway, we were singing some completely ridiculous song about an old man name "Old Joe Clark" and it occurred to me how desperately I miss dating my husband. Our relationship started out like most others where there was a few weeks of awkwardness, you know, are you going to call me or am I going to call you and should I ask him if he wants to hang out this weekend or should I give him his space. Anyway, I totally miss dating him. I miss spending time getting ready for a date and having him pick me up and going out to eat or to a movie or concert. I miss talking about our days or dreaming about our future and learning new things about each other. Now the only time we get out of the house alone is if we pawn the kids off on grandma and grandpa and we go get groceries. The only thing we talk about now is the boys. Don't get me wrong, I love the boys and I love being married to him, but sometimes I miss the way it used to be.
Sigh. Maybe he will ask me out on a date soon. Maybe we could make a rule that we can't talk about the boys. Any other mommies or even married people without kiddos around miss dating their husband or is it just me?


1 comments:
We make the rule "no talking about the kids" but it doesn't work. 10 minutes of sitting down at a restaurant, all we have to say is something about the kids. Ah, parenting!! Same goes for shopping.. We say, we aren't buying the kids anything, they don't need it... what happens? We spend all our shopping trip money ON THE KIDS!
Post a Comment