Thursday, March 17, 2011
Ugh!! Everything!!
So today was one of those days that everything I touched seemed to break or create more work for me. First off, both of my kids nap in the afternoon. They usually nap anywhere from two to three hours. Usually, I just do a few odds and ends around the house and then try to relax for five minutes before starting supper and my evening chores. Well, for the last week or so, I have been letting things slip a bit. (I normally try to keep a very neat and orderly house.) So yesterday, I had my list of a million thing I wanted to accomplish. Goober threw the tantrum to end all tantrums before his nap. He almost always takes a nap with no objections, but yesterday, he freaked out, which lead to Monkey freaking out, which lead to mommy freaking out. I finally got both of them to sleep and headed to the garage to get the drill to hang new curtains in the family room. Both batteries were dead. Awesome. Way to go Mrs. Bob Vila, right? So while I charged one of the batteries, I hung some cupboard doors in the family room that just got new glass in them. I got three of them hung and got to the last one and a screw flew out. With mobile kiddoes in the house, I had to find it. It took 15 minutes. It was all the way across the room. I don't understand that. Anyway, the last door didn't fit. WTH? Seriously? Like I said, the boys usually nap for two to three hours. Not yesterday! They were up after 20 minutes. Oh my goodness. So I get them out of bed and let them watch a movie. Bad mommy, I know. I went to work on the curtains. I got the first window done (kind of, it isn't exactly installed correctly, but the stupid window is covered, what more do I need?). :) I got to the second window (this blasted room has way too many rooms in it). I broke the drill bit off in the wall. Oops. I calmly packed everything into a corner and quit. Hopefully hubby will help me this weekend. He is the poster child for patience. He can handle this. After this fiasco, I headed into the kitchen to make snacks for my Bible Study last night. Epic fail. I ended up going to the grocery store and getting something. Supper did turn out OK, but then again hubby made most of it. Then it was time for Bible Study. I was a slacker and did not do my homework before I went. Needless to say, it didn't go very well. All of the women in there are moms so we ended up talking about poop. Just like my day, poopy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment