CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Weight Loss

Sunday, February 6, 2011

I love small town living!

I know I will be harassed by some of my friends and family for writing this post, but I LOVE SMALL TOWN LIVING!  I was thinking about this a lot over the past week as hubby and I have talked about some things in our lives.  The reason I love small town life?  Well, here are a few reasons:

1.  If I need milk or eggs or just a general item, I hop in the van, drive six blocks (yes, I could walk, but geez, it is like 30 below here all the time now!), park right in front of the store, leave the van running to keep warm, run in, get greeted by name by everyone in the store, grab my milk, pay for it and be home in less than ten minutes.  I love that!

2.  Last week, C had his six month check up.  It was super cold and hubby was gone for a few days with the Guards and guess what?  My darn van didn't want to start.  Truth be told, when I realized how blasted cold it was, I didn't really want to start for the day either, it would have been much better to spend the day in bed watching TV, but my kids just wouldn't allow that!  :-)  Anyway, I called the doctor's office, which it less than six blocks away and told them I needed to reschedule.  They said, "Oh, don't worry about it, do you want one of us to come pick you up or help you?"  Seriously, only in a small town would the doctor and nurses offer to come pick you up for your appointment.

3.  When said van refused to start, I called the town mechanic and he came over to our house, at no charge and worked on it.  So nice!

4.  I could go on and on, but I won't, because I do that way too much as it is.

I realize that the fast paced city life works for some people, but I am so thankful that I live in a community like the one I do!  I really do love it here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment