CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Weight Loss

Sunday, February 6, 2011

My job?

Hubby asked me the other day what I am going to do when the boys are in school.  I had a brief moment of panic!  I have no idea!  The past two and a half years have consisted of me devoting 110% of all I have to be being a wife and mommy!  After thinking about it, being a mommy fills so many jobs!  I was thinking about all of the jobs that a mommy does.  Please clue me in if I am missing any!

    • Investigator/Detective 
      • Someone randomly starts to scream and mommy has no idea why.  Mommies put on their detective hat and frantically try to figure out what the heck has happened.
    • Police Officer
      • Sometimes those little suspects run when they realize mommy is on their trail.  You must hunt them down.
    • Prosecutor/Judge
      • After mommy investigates, if there was a "crime" committed, mommy has to play prosecutor and judge and hand down the punishment.  Usually a three minute sentence on the wall or probation, where some right is taken away.
    • Prison guard
      • If the crime warrants serving time on the wall.  Mommy has to put on her mean face and guard the wall so no one escapes.
    • Parole Board/Parole Officer
      • After time is served, mommy must observe the suspect to ensure he is on his best behavior, otherwise, it is back in the slammer.  If he behaves, a hug and kiss is in order.  I am pretty sure the parole board doesn't hug and kiss, but I couldn't figure out what role that is!  :)
    • Doctor
      • Those little kids fall a lot and sometimes don't make the smartest decisions regarding safety.  Usually a band aid a kiss from mommy is in order.  Again, I would hope your doctor doesn't hug and kiss, but you get the point.
    • Chef
      • The only thing that needs to be said here, is I had no idea something so little could eat so much.  Where do they put all that food?  Oh wait, that brings me to my next job.
    • Toxic waste/Bomb Squad
      • Do I really need to describe this one?
    • Lifeguard
      • Mommy must guard them SO MUCH!  For example, "Spencer, it probably is not a good idea to put your ride your car off of the kitchen table." or "Spencer, please do not put that in your mouth." or "Spencer, please do not throw that football at Carter, he does not know how to catch yet."
    • Housekeeper
      • clean the following items, some of them daily: toilets, laundry, counters, carpets, windows, mirrors with little tiny hand prints on them, furniture, pick up toys, pick up toys again, pick up toys yet another time!  :)
    • Accountant
      • Those little buggers cost a lot money!
At the end of the day, I love those two little boys more than I can even put into words.  Being a mommy is harder than I would have ever imagined it to be.  I just want my kids to grow up and be happy and make good decisions.  All the work is worth it when I look at their cute little face!


So, in conclusion, I have no idea what I am going to do when they get into school!  I do not have the any idea!!  I should probably start thinking about that.  As sad as it is to me, someday those little buggers are going to grow up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment