OK. So far, my blog has been fairly simple. I talk about my kids and my hubby, right? Nothing to really feel too strongly about and nothing to really argue about. Well, maybe this post will change that, I hope not, but maybe it will. I have to get a huge pet peeve off my back. Well, it's more than a pet peeve, more like something that makes my skin crawl and I swear it gives me heart palpitations. If you don't feel the same way as me, feel free to voice your opinion, but I will not apologize for how I feel. So here it goes. I do not for the life of me understand how someone can call themselves a Christian when they can stand at a soldier's funeral and hold up a sign like this:
Do these ignorant people not realize that the very reason they are allowed to even stand on the street corner and make idiots out of themselves is because of the very person they are picketing against? How can someone be so ignorant as to protest at a soldier's funeral and think they are actually doing what God wants them to do? I swear, I can feel my blood boiling as I am typing this. To wear the American Flag, everything that we stand for upside down or to allow your child to stomp on a flag in front of a grieving widow is one of the most awful things I can think of. Maybe it is because I was raised in a family where you stood and put your hand over your heart when you saw a flag. Maybe it is because my brother in law is putting himself in harm's way for these people's freedom. Maybe it is because my husband puts on an American Soldier uniform and has pride in doing so. Maybe it is because my grandpa served in a war where he saw things and had to do things that no human should ever have to. Maybe it is because both of my grandfathers served this country. I don't know, but for some reason, this bothers me like you wouldn't believe. Ugh.
On a different note now. I have SO MUCH RESPECT for these people:

The Patirot Guard Riders are amazing! Thank God for the great service that they perform!
Anyway, I am not really sure what I am trying to accomplish with this post, but I feel a little better. Please pray for both groups of these people. They both need prayers and guidance from God!



2 comments:
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE! I get freedom of speech, but seriously, that is going TOO FAR. No one should ever protest at a soldier's funeral, or really any funeral for that matter. It's ignorant and rude. Whatever happened to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? I would NEVER do that to anyone!
Glad you feel a little better after posting =)
I love the patriot guard riders. When my husband left to WI to Pre-MOB they escorted them all the way from MI. He was very impressed. Also, at the sad occasion of one of my husbands soldiers funerals they were there in full force. It was so nice to see that they took time out of their days to show that kind of respect.
Post a Comment