CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Weight Loss

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Going To The Dentist....And We All Fall Down!

Goober had his first dental check up this morning.  I was quite nervous.  Read about a trip to the dentist here and you will see why this building makes me sweat.  Anyway, we have been hyping up the dentist for a few days now.  We have talked about the equipment and what the dentist will do.  I scheduled Goober's appointment for right after a check-up for me so he could see what they were going to do.  He was a little apprehensive about the whole idea until hubby informed him that the dentist is a drummer, then all of the sudden, the dentist was one of the most fun places you could ever go to! 

On the way to the appointment, he made up a song with the tune of ring around the rosie.  It went like this:

We're going to the dentist
We're going to the dentist
dentist, dentist
We all fall down!

I thought that was cute.  When my appointment was done, Goober climbed right up the chair like a little champ.  They let him wear some cool sunglasses and as he called it, a bib for big boys.  He got to watch Sesame Street during the exam.  He couldn't grasp the concept of opening wide and keeping his mouth open.  Every time they told him to open wide, he would open and then promptly bite back down.  They were able to count his teeth and much to Goober's surprise, there were 20 in there.  He was shocked because he thought he only had three teeth.  I asked the dentist about his dracula tooth (he has one creepy tooth in the front right side that is a huge tooth with two points), and he said that we will have to wait and hopefully there is only one permanent tooth underneath there.  I was relieved he had no cavities or problems at all.  (Mommy had one cavity, stupid Diet 7-up.)  He got a balloon, some stickers and a new tooth brush with new toothpaste, which he had to show me 100 times.  After I buckled him in to his car seat, the balloon blew away.  Nice going mommy.  He wasn't upset.  He just waved and said, "Bye-bye balloon!"  Whew, crisis averted!  I am so proud of my big boy.  He looked so grown up in the dentist chair!  He was completely appalled that I brought the camera.  He refused to smile decent because he said he was a big boy and he didn't need his picture at the doctor.  He is so his father's child.



1 comments:

Katia Craig

Cute indeed! From the looks of it, he handled dentists like a champ! Having no cavities is definitely good, and seeing your own child be a little more grown-up is very memorable for parents.

Post a Comment