CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Weight Loss

Friday, April 1, 2011

Tantrum, anyone?

Today I got word that a dear friend's dog passed away.  She has had this dog for twelve years and she was such a friend to her.  Anyway, I wanted to send flowers.  I got Goober to color a picture.  We loaded up the van to drive to the flower shop.  As we were loading, Goober freaked out because he wanted to stay home.  He whined all of the way to the florist.  We got the the florist, got unloaded, got Monkey loaded into the stroller (because I am too lazy to carry him today).  We walked half a block to the shop, with Goober whining behind me because the wind was hurting him and the sun was in his eyes.  Oh, and there was dirt on his finger.  We got the door and there was a wonderful sign saying, "Out to Lunch, be back at 1:30."  Good grief.  So, we started the trek back the van and Goober absolutely has the meltdown of a century.  I have never seen anything like this.  He threw himself down on the pavement (ouch) and just screamed.  Seriously?  So I start the half block trek back the van with Monkey, thinking Goober will follow.  He doesn't.  As I turn around, a police officer is driving by as this is all unfolding.  Then a local business woman.  Wow, what a fantastic mother I am.  I peeled him up from the sidewalk and put him in the van and told him in the most loving voice possible, "Goober, I am warning you, you need to stop."  He didn't stop.  I got him buckled in and he SCREAMED at the top of his lungs all the way back home that he didn't want to go home.  Really?  You just screamed because you wanted to stay home.  Wow.  As I am typing this, he is lying on the floor by the back door whining, "go to the store, go to the store, go to the store."  Monkey thought this whole escapade was hilarious, which only fueled Goober's fire.  Wow.  That is the best outing ever.  I think I will call the flower shop at 1:30 instead of going there. 

I suck as a mom today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment