CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Weight Loss

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Traumatized by Two

In my last post, I talked about Goober and MOPS.  Last fall, I was really needing some mommy time, so I decided to join MOPS.  They have on-site daycare for the kids.  I took both boys and planned on keeping Monkey with me, as I was still nursing him and he was young and was still eating every couple of hours, I mean constantly.  When we got there, I took Goober down to the basement where the two year old room was.  It was insane.  I am talking like well over 25 two year olds in the same room insane.  I took him in there, showed him the toys and promised I would be back in a little bit to get him.  He walked to the corner of the room and looked a bit confused.  He has never been in any kind of daycare setting at all.  I kissed him goodbye and went upstairs to the meeting.  About 45 minutes into the meeting, someone came and got me and said they could not get him calmed down.  I went down there and he was curled up on the floor wailing.  He grabbed onto me so tight I swear he was going to choke me and would not let go.  Someone took Monkey and took him to the nursery and I took Goober up to the meeting with me, where he continued to wail and choke me because his little arms were so tight around my neck.  About a half hour of that led me to tears and I decided we needed to leave.  I went and picked Monkey up from the nursery and cried all the way home and all day.  He clung to me for almost a week after that, not letting me leave his side.  I told my dad about this and he graciously decided that he would take one morning off a week and watch him so I could still be in MOPS.  As he has gotten older, he does much better if he has to do something without me thank God!  Poor little guy!  It broke my heart!

0 comments:

Post a Comment