CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Weight Loss

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Goober's Guys

I have only been a mommy for a little under three years.  Although, I like to include the nine months leading up to that, because I was a mommy as soon as that little guy was in my belly.  So, I have been a mommy for about three and half years.  I have two darling little boys.  I grew up with two sisters.  This has led me to be quite clueless as to how the little boy mind works.

My wonderful dad watches Goober once a month for me so I can go to MOPS.  I take Monkey with me and and he stays in the nursery, but Goober can not handle it (I will blog about that lovely day later).  One month, dad, or as Goober calls him, Pa, went for a walk while I was gone.  They walked down to the fire station and saw the fire trucks.  There was a fireman in there, who is also a co-worker of my dad's that gave Goober his first action figure, which he calls his guy.  It was guy with a red rescue uniform on and he bends and twists.  That is all he does.  You can bend and twist him.  Lame, right?  Well, not to Goober.  This is one of his favorite toys.  He sleeps with it, takes it to church, tortures his brother with it, you name it, he does it.  Yesterday, I decided to hit up a few garage sales.  The first one we stopped at had a gallon sized Ziploc bag filled with similar "guys" for two dollars.  You would have thought I bought the child the best toy ever.  He is now completely attached to these new guys.

This leads me to what I do not understand about little boys.  We do not allow him to watch violent TV at all.  He watches cartoons on PBS and he loves some of the music documentaries on Netflix, but he watches nothing violent.  Hubby and I are not violent.  We have no violent people in our family.  Anyway, we got home and he dumped the bag out on the floor and ran into his room and got some trucks.  He then proceeded to run over the guys with the trucks.  After that mass chaos was finished, he made the guys fly through the air and then violently crash onto the table.  He then spent about a half hour ramming these poor innocent little action figures into anything and everything he could find.  They "fought" each other, jumped off of furniture, jumped out of windows and crashed into walls all day yesterday.  Then, last night, we were all in him room and he put all of them in the back of a Tonka truck, which looked like some kind of Holocaust and drove them to the hospital.  (He has a rug in his room that looks like a city that has roads on it.)  Apparently the day was just too much for the guys.  After the hospital, he loaded them all back up again and take a wild guess where they went?  CHURCH.  Seriously?  After all that, they went to church?  After church it was the library.

Oh my goodness.  This boy is just too much for me sometimes.  Where does he learn this stuff?  Is this part of the male chromosome or something? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment