I have talked briefly about politics on here, but I usually tend to keep my political views to myself, because I respect that not all people feel the same as I do. I do believe that only we can change the way things are, but I can not stand having politics pounded into me and I hate even worse when people have narrow minds about politics and think only their opinion is the correct one.
With that being said, I am relieved that Osama Bin Laden was killed. I am not, however going to dance in the streets chanting and celebrating. Do those people not realize how many more members of Al Qaeda are still out there? Do they not think there will be other leaders that will step up and take his place? I realize this may sound "Un-American" of me, but I do not believe God is looking down with favor about this whole situation. I do not think it is OK to celebrate anyone's death.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate our troops so much and am so thankful by their dedication and sacrifices. My own husband just signed papers yesterday after twelve years of service to re-enlist. My brother in law is fighting overseas as we speak. I have had other family and friends over there, one of which lost his life in Afghanistan. I do appreciate what they do, but pray that Americans do not look at this as the end of the fight against terrorism. This morning, I read post after post on facebook and watched person and person on TV who believe that this is the end and all of the troops are coming home. This is simply a piece of the puzzle.
There is my political rambling for the day. So, what do you think? Agree or disagree?
Monday, May 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Well said and totally agree!
thank you for sharing my opinion! i couldn't agree more
I think you hit the nail on the head!
Post a Comment