CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Weight Loss

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day = Bittersweet

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mommy's out there and the future mommy's to be!  I am not a huge fan of this holiday as I can only imagine it brings a lot of heart ache for so many people.  I know so many people who have lost babies and can't seem to get pregnant and I imagine this is a very hard day for them.  I also think it is slightly over-commercialized, but then again, aren't all holidays?

I am so blessed to be the mommy to Monkey and Goober and I am blessed to have an amazing mom and mother in law.

My mom is holding Goober and my MIL is holding Monkey.


All I wanted for Mother's Day was to soak in our Jacuzzi.  It is ridiculous, but this would only be the second time I have used it and we have been in this house for over a year and a half.  So, I shoved all the bathroom clutter into the drawers, pretended there weren't a million bath toys on the ledge (the boys bathe in there), shut the closet door and tried to pretend the boys weren't torturing each other in the next room.  I filled it up with super hot water, poured in my bath beads and turned on the jets.  Then, I watched the bath fill with nasty black ickiness.  I guess I should run the jets more.  Now, I can't even take a shower, because I used up all of the hot water.  Sigh.

In conclusion, if you are a mommy, Happy Mother's Day and please say a prayer thanking God for your children.  Please also pray for all of the women who want nothing more than to be a mommy.  Pray that God would hold them in His loving hands and give them the gift that their hearts long for.

God Bless!

3 comments:

Mrs Smoke

Thank you so much for recognizing those of us who are still on the journey to motherhood. Sorry to hear your soak was a flop! My friend Megan was just telling me that I don't want one of those tubs for JUST that reason. :-)

Kelli B

I did end up soaking in it. It wasn't all it cracked up to be. Our hot water heater is too small, so it wasn't as hot as I wanted. Megan is right. I don't really like floaties in my bath water. :( I even filled the tub with cold water and let the jets run full blast for quite awhile to clean it out and it still had floaties.

Kelli B

Oh, and I predict you will be about eight months preggo next Mother's Day!! :-)

Post a Comment