CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Weight Loss

Monday, May 2, 2011

Need advice on decorating!!

Hubby and I had a nice little two bedroom, two bathroom home when we got married.  He had lived there for a few years before we got married.  After we got married, my income went into the mortgage and we were able to pay the house off pretty quickly.  We were under the assumption we would stay there for several years.  Then, in the fall of 2009, I went to a few rummage sales with my mom and we stopped at this adorable house.  I noticed it was for sale.  A very dear friend of my mom's and her hubby had built it about 20 some odd years ago.  About 12 years ago, they added on a gorgeous family room and hug master suite.  My mom's friend sadly passed from cancer and someone else owned it now.  Out of curiosity, my mom wanted to see the inside.  I took one step into the back door and FELL IN LOVE!  I loved every square inch of this house.  It sat on a double lot and had tons of trees and landscaping.  I went home and told my husband that I wanted this house.  We crunched numbers and decided we better just stay put because having no mortgage was awesome!  Well, about a month went by and the owner called and said she had dropped the price by $15,000.  This peaked our interest and I drug hubby out to see it.  He loved it also!  So, we put our house on the market and were so blessed to sell it to an amazingly wonderful couple (a friend from high school) in about six days.  It was a whirlwind!  We have lived here for about a year and half now.

We have worked our little tails off in this house!  I have painted and peeled wall paper out of almost every room and my husband has spent hours and hours perfecting the beautiful yard.  This summer, it is getting a new roof and hopefully in the next few summers, siding and windows.  Anyway, the point of this post.  I AM ALMOST DONE PAINTING THE LAST ROOM!!   YEAH!!  I am so super excited.  This has been no small feat!  The addition has 12 foot ceilings.  12 foot ceilings suck to paint.  I hate it, hate it, hate it!  I literally have about 6 feet of painting left in the master bath and I am done!!

We still have a lot we want to do, but are saving our pennies to pay for it.  I can't wait until it is all done.

If I ever get the whole house clean, I will post more pictures, but here is the family room at least.  It started out white (as the entire rest of the house) and I painted it a khaki brown color.  I think it was called camel something or other.  It feels somewhat bare and plain to me, however.  Like I said, I hate clutter, but an wanting something to make it feel a little more cozy and less sterile.  Any suggestions?

The back entry way.  The window above the closet looks into the bathroom, which has a skylight right next the window.


The family room.  I hate that train table there.  I hate clutter, but the boys love it there, so they win this fight.  :)  I love Monkey in this picture.

1 comments:

julie robinson

I hate clutter too!! Toys are the worst. How about some really big photo prints? I mean BIG, i have several 24x32 ish sized pics in my house and love them. Or mount a series of your beautiful scrapbook pages and do some configurations of 12x12 mounts. You can print canvas almost anywhere now, I like shutterfly or winkflash, it's a very warm way to make art from photos. I've never tried it, but I also like when people paint a "frame" behind a collage of framed (or canvas) pictures. Just some thoughts.... Good luck!!

Post a Comment