Saturday, December 4, 2010
The little black dress saga
Ugh. Clothes shopping. I despise you. Last night, my super great hubby decided to take me out for supper and clothes shopping in Sioux City (with no kids!!!!!). Of course, he had a hidden agenda, not the agenda one might imagine, but an agenda to pick up a saxophone at Midbell's. Anyway, we went to Olive Garden and I stuffed my face as usual when I go there. Sorry Olive Garden, you will make no money on me with the endless bread sticks. You tempt me with your doughy buttery deliciousness and it sucks me right in. I even had a glass of wine. Well, I had a few swallows and Hubby finished it for me. I am such a cheap date. Anyway, enough babbling about my overeating. We had an awesome meal, great conversation, about the boys of course, heaven forbid we talk about something other than baby puke and poopy diapers over a nice meal. After Olive Garden, we ventured of to shop for a dress for Hubby's sister's wedding. First of all, you must know, I haven't shaved my legs for days, well truth be told, weeks, maybe months, who knows? So I am trying on "little black dresses." I am going to break the number one rule of fashion for women, I WILL NOT EVER OWN A LITTLE BLACK DRESS!! I don't know if that is the number one rule, but when it comes to fashion, that is the only rule I know. Long story short, I tried on at least 30 items and ended up leaving the store, sitting in the car bawling like a child and not buying anything. I composed myself and we headed to Target to finish Christmas shopping, which was a blast. My husband is hilarious. He just cracks me up sometimes. He is so great, always knows how to make me laugh. We spent about 19 hours in Target, OK, it was only an hour, just felt like 19. So we get to the checkout and I grab a frickin box of Little Debbies. What? I was just crying an hour ago because I am fat!!!! I am such a girl sometimes. On the upside, we only have a few small things to pick up and we are done with Christmas shopping!! YEA!!! We are braving the stores again today to shop for dresses, with the kids in tow (we are insane). In case you are wondering, I will not be shaving my legs. I will just have to shave them again in a few weeks for the wedding. Besides, it is blasted cold outside, I need the insulation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
So funny! I just shaved my legs the night before last, first time in a while. I referred to it as shaving off my wool. Who has time to shave their legs anyways, lol.
Post a Comment