CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Weight Loss

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I am normal!!




Last week, I attended an AWESOME speaker at our monthly MOPS meeting.  For those of you that are mommies, you must get on the internet IMMEDIATELY and find a MOPS group!  It will benefit you in ways that you can't imagine!  Since I have joined MOPS, I have realized that I am a semi-normal mommy.  I always thought I was the only one who did this or the only one who didn't do that, but it turns out I AM NORMAL!!  (Take that Mike! Ha!)

I can't decided what the best part of MOPS really is, but here are some of the contenders:
  • All of the women in my small group can wipe their own noses.
  • All of the women in my small group can wipe their own you know whats!  Very exciting to be around people that can do this.
  • If I come to MOPS with barf or other bodily fluids running down my shirt or sticking in my hair, nobody points it out or comments, because chances are, they are having the same issue.
  • I get to eat a meal!!  YEA!!!  To you people who deal with children, you know this is exciting for me.  I do not understand how I can have the exact same food on my plate as Spencer, yet he eats mine.
  • In reference to said meal, none of the women in my small group steal food off my plate.
  • Yet another point about wiping, when the women get food on their faces, are you ready for this one??  THEY WIPE IT OFF ALL BY THEMSELVES!!!! 

Have I mentioned how much I love MOPS?  Anyway, back to the speaker.  She was awesome.  I think the best thing she said in her time with us was, "for those of you moms that are trying to make it look like you have it all together, PLEASE STOP!!  You are making the rest of us look bad!"

She also pointed out that when she was 14 or 15 years old and knew everything there was to know about raising kids, she always said, "My kids would never do __________."  It got me thinking about how I would have answered that before I had kids.  I, of course came up with a list.  No, I did not put them into a spreadsheet for those of you who know about my love affair with spreadsheets.  I would have liked to, but I don't know how to put the spreadsheet on the blog.  :)  So, my list....
  • "My kids will never eat fast food."   To defend myself on this one, we don't do it very often, but really think about it, go home stare into the fridge for an hour deciding what to make, make a mess, feed the kids, clean up the mess, etc, etc, etc or pull up to a window and they hand you a magic box filled with fatty treasures and a toy to keep them quiet in the car?  Hmmm....can you say no brainer?

  •  "My kids will always be quiet in church."  S gets some kind of thrill out of playing air guitar in church.  Strange.
  • "My kids will always help pick up their toys.  
  • "My kids will always say please and thank you."  If muttering and grunting "tanks" counts, then I guess I succeeded on this one.
  • "My kids will never watch TV!"  OK, the TV is on right now, but he is watching Miles Davis play the trumpet, that's educational, right?
  •  "My kids will be neat and clean at all times."  Again, see picture below for this one!

 Doesn't that make you want to eat chili?









All in all, even if I'm not normal, I am just a mommy trying to do the best I can for my boys!  I love them so much!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment