S came into the family room today with water all over his head. I was about ready to lecture him about playing in the sink, when he goes, "no mom, water in there!" and pointed to the laundry room. My next thought was, great, he knows how to turn the washer on now. But no, the water he was referring to was the water coming out of the ceiling. Yes, the ceiling. Just great. There is a huge ice dam on the roof and the water is backing up and running into the attic and running through the ceiling. That is awesome. Luckily, I was able to get ahold of someone to come over and help hubby break the dam down. We had to drill holes in the ceiling to help the rest of the water drain. So now, we have a water stained ceiling and holes all over. It is very classy. I guess we get to spend money on a new roof this summer. I think I would rather go on vacation. Moral of the story, being a grown up is not so much fun sometimes. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the day that my parents had to worry about all of this stuff and all I had to worry about was what I was going to play with. But then again, when I was little, I couldn't eat Reese's Pieces for a bedtime snack, well, truth be told, for supper too! :-)
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Will insurance cover any of it?
I have a shop vac if you need one. :)
Post a Comment