If you haven't figured it out, we live in a super small little town in the middle of no where, Nebraska, so we have to drive about 20 minutes to get to a decent sized store. Anyway, both of our boys are involved in Kindermusik, which is in that town 20 minutes away. C goes on one night and S goes on another. To save a few gallons of gas, hubby and I try to schedule things on those nights to save a trip. So, last January, hubby had his annual dental checkup. S and I came along, as he had Kindermusik that night. The appointment was at 4:15 and class is at 5:15. The dentist office that we go to has a nice little play area, so I thought he would like to play while daddy was in his checkup. All was going really well until I smelled a horrible stench. I took S into the bathroom (as he was kicking and screaming because he wanted to keep playing). Of course, no changing table. So I put some paper towels on the counter by the sink and pulled his pants off. As I got them off, poop flung EVERYWHERE! I am not talking a little bit, but A LOT OF POOP! Ugh. I dug around in the diaper bag and used every single wipe I had in there. I then started wetting down paper towels to keep cleaning. By this time, there was poop on the mirror, my coat, his socks, his shoes, his shirt, his coat, his blanket and his shirt. I got it cleaned up the best I could, looked in the diaper bag and realized I had no spare clothes. I looked at this horribly smelly nasty child, who was by this time laughing hysterically and wondered, what do I do? I had to go back into the waiting room to get my keys, which I idiotically left on the chair. So, I carried this naked baby, wrapped in my poop covered coat back into the waiting room. It reeked in the waiting room and there was poop on the floor and the chair he had been sitting on. He immediately saw the play area and FREAKED out because he wanted to play. I told the receptionist to tell my husband that I would be in the car. I used the clean part of my coat to clean the chair and the floor. I wanted to cry, but instead, I was laughing until I cried. Well, on top of all of this, it was snowing and freezing out, to I turned the car on and blasted the heater as high as it could possibly go while my baby sat in the back seat naked having a great time. To make matters worse, an old lady parked next to me and gave me a very disapproving look. So now, I had to decide, do I wait for hubby, or do I go to Walmart and carry naked baby in and buy him clothes? I decided to wait. Well, our dentist happens to be a friend of ours and hubby was his last appointment for the day, so they sat in there and chit-chatted FOREVER about drums or something. By the time he got the car, I was sweating profusely because the heater was so frickin hot!
Moral of the story, I now keep spare wipes and clothes in the car.
Hubby has another check up today, so we are returning to the scene of the crime, with not just one child, but two. Lord, help me.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I remember that day, the impressive part of the story is that you made it to kindermusik, all fully dressed, ON TIME!!! Good luck, I hope this appointment is less eventful...
I have had similar outings. One thing about motherhood is there is never a dull moment :)
Julie, you probably remember because the stench was so awful, how could one forget? I am still amazed I made it on time that day!
Ashley, sorry that you have had this too, but at the same time, I am glad that I am normal, well, kind of normal. :-)
HA! I bet you were mortified! May this trip be incredibly uneventful =). Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment