Saturday, January 1, 2011
"Mommy of the Year"
If there was a "Mommy of the Year" Award, I would win it. This afternoon, my mom called and wanted S to come over and play. I loaded him up in the van with his snow pants, winter coat, hat and mittens. I must add that the temperature is hovering around zero here tonight. I threw him in his car seat (I know, they aren't supposed to wear their coats in the car seat, and strangely, he very rarely does, but today, he did, thank God!) Anyway, I buckled him in and threw his two bags in the front seat with me. I got to my parent's house and grabbed the bags, and left the key in the ignition because I didn't plan on staying very long. I must have hit the lock with the bags, because guess what? I went to open the back door to the van and it was locked. Great. Now what the heck do I do? I stood there in a panic for a little bit, then ran in and yelled at my mom. My dad came home shortly and I sent him to our house to get the spare key. In the mean time, Sp thought this was hilarious because my mom and I were running around the van playing peek with him. When he was tired of that, we threw snow balls at the van. When my dad got home, we got him out of the van and he got kind of upset because he wanted to play peek more. I am officially an idiot. I can't believe I did that! Thank God he was bundled up and he didn't panic! It made me wonder, have any of you ever done anything stupid like this? Not even necessarily with kids, just something dumb? Come on, tell me, it will make me feel better!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Please see my most recent post about flooding my kitchen. :-)
http://mrssmoke2010.blogspot.com/
Glad Spencer got out okay, I'm sure he thought it was a blast to watch mommy and grandma making fools of themselves. :-)
I am so sorry about your kitchen, yet I am glad I am not the only one who forgets to attach her "thinking cap" some mornings!
And yes, the thought did cross my mind that my mom and I looked like complete idiots! Especially since my mom was in her jammies! :)
I fell asleep and missed the Toothfairy. I had a heartbroken little girl the next morning & I felt terrible.
Not the Toothfairy! I am learning as a mommy, you just can't do it all! :)
Post a Comment