CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Weight Loss

Friday, January 28, 2011

I don't get it

I am not the perfect mommy.  I have never claimed to be nor will I ever claim to be.  To be perfectly honest, I am just making it up as I go along.  Nearly every day, I come across a situation where I think, "and now what the heck am I supposed to do?"  For example, S is going through this independent streak where he was to "do dis (this)" all by himself.  Wednesday, for example, we left the house with him wearing his coat backwards because he insisted on putting it on by himself.



I do draw the line, obviously, he can not make his own pancake in the morning and he can not (God help us all) drive the van to the doctor himself while mommy sits in his car seat.  Yes, he wanted to drive himself this morning.  Oh dear.  Anyway, I am not the perfect parent.  I make mistakes, I occasionally give in and let him have another cookie, even if it will spoil his supper.  I let him jump on the bed, I let him watch cartoons and yes, we do go a few too many days without bathing him sometimes, but overall, I think I am doing an OK job.

Baby Einsteins


So, the point of this rambling?  Well, maybe I don't have a point (I rarely do).  I just want to point out my observations on a trip to the store on Wednesday.  In fear of hearing a lecture, I will call this store Floormart.  (OK, that was kind of witty, floor instead of wall.  I really need to get out more if this is the most funny thing I have said all week, well all year).  Anyway, here are my observations:

1.  Walmart, whoops, I mean Floormart has kids hats for $1.00, for the love of God people, BUY YOUR KID A HAT!  WE LIVE IN NEBRASKA, IT IS COLD HERE!

2.  Also, Floormart sells cheap car seats for $20.00, yes, $20.00.  I realize that is a lot of money for some people, but when you have a cart load of beer, I am pretty sure you can spare $20.00 instead of letting your kid run around the van while you are driving.  Also, please do not let your small child lay on the dashboard while you are driving.  That is just really a stupid idea.

3.  Carrying said child to the van while smoking and blowing the smoke in her face is not a very good idea.

Ugh.  OK, I feel better.  I actually witnessed a couple doing all three of these things.  Again, I don't want to judge, but obviously these two were dropped on their heads as children.  In hindsight, I wish I would have called the cops.  So, if you are reading this and you can not afford a hat for your child, please send me a message.  I will buy you one.  If you are smoking and blowing it in your child's face, please tell me that so I can smack you.  I am not a violent person, but if the need should arise, I will rise to the occasion.

Thank you and have a nice day!

2 comments:

Miss Megan

LOL! I avoid Floormart at all cost! But, being in Omaha I have several other options for places to shop. You can find some real winners at the Walmart - oops - Floormart. I second your offer - if you can't afford to buy your kid a hat, let me know and I will help you out! Some people!!
And by the way - no one is a perfect parent! I think you are doing just fine!! =)

Ashley

I totally agree! It really bugs me when I see parents out in the cold bundled from head to toe and their child without a jacket, shoes, gloves, hats etc.... If you don't want to be cold, chances are neither does your child!

Post a Comment