CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Weight Loss

Monday, January 3, 2011

Clutter is my nemesis

I HATE CLUTTER!  Unnecessary clutter in my house makes me nervous.  No joke, it actually raises my heart rate and makes me crazy.  My kitchen, for example only has the following things on the counter:  my NuWave Oven (only because it is heavy and I use it several times a week), a jar with spices in it, and the phone (which I wish was hanging on the wall, but it doesn't).  I got my hubby on board this morning.  We went through our giant walk in closet this morning and cleaned.  We got rid of four trash bags of clothes and bags and threw about three bags away.  I can only imagine that this is what it feels like to be high.  I just want to go into my closet and sit on the floor and admire the cleanliness of it!  Is that weird?  I think it probably is, but I guess that's OK, because I am kind of weird.  I mean, I am blogging about a closet.

Next on the cleaning agenda is (insert huge gasp here), the toys and the boys' closets.  I feel like I may have a nervous breakdown before that is complete!  I am thinking they will need to be shipped off to grandma's house when we do this one.  We got rid of half of a garbage bag in the family room alone.  I don't know where we stored all this junk, because generally, my house is pretty clean.  I feel bad getting rid of toys, but good Lord, we have enough toys to give one to every child in a small country.  Really, how many plastic hammers does one kid need?  Well, mine had nine, that's right, you read it correctly, nine plastic hammers.  Insane I tell you.  Does anyone have any creative ideas on what to do with the toys we get rid of?  I thought about having a garage sale, but let's just face it, I am WAY to lazy to drag all of that crap out to my garage, price it and sell it to make a hundred bucks!  :)

Anyway, I better keep cleaning!

3 comments:

Mrs Smoke

Do you have an friends that don't have kids? I don't have kids yet and my friend gave me a bunch of her kids old toys to keep at my house. I've got a whole playroom now for when kids come over. It's great! And I didn't have to spend any money on toys for kids I don't have. :-)

All the kiddos that come to my house love it, even her kids, they don't even realize they are playing with their old toys. The other day Masy ran up to me and told me she has the same toy at home (it has been at my house for almost a year) LOL!

Ashley
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley

I feel the same way after cleaning. I'm not sure if I'm more fascinated at the fact that it's clean or that I found the energy to clean it, either way I admire it when it's done.

You could check into donating the toys to a daycare. That's what the Mom on Toy Story 3 did. Wow, that sounds a little pathetic stealing ideas from a cartoon mom, but I guess us real mommy's can't be original all the time :)

Post a Comment